Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 D Non Silver Nickel

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  08:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JesusRega to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 1943D nickel that is not silver any idea what it could be worth it is cutucskted and not in the greatest shape but it's rare a
Pillar of the Community
United States
4107 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4211 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a 1943D nickel that is not silver any idea what it could be worth it is cutucskted and not in the greatest shape but it's rare a

How do you know it isn't silver?

Quote:
cutucskted

?

Quote:
it's rare

How do you know it's rare?
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....
Edited by USSID18
07/18/2019 10:45 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39288 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics of both sides, please.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28445 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos and weight.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JesusRega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can see that it's not silver it don't sound d like silver when did drop test..... And how I know it's rare? How many have you seen I did research and it's more rare than a 43 copper penny even more rare that the also the 55 double die the 82 D copper penny has a larger amount found than this baby
Pillar of the Community
United States
4211 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you done the taste test?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39288 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's so precious, why don't you show us pics and give us the weight?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15623 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About the only way it is going to be accepted as a non-silver nickel is if you have the results of an XRF test to back it up. Going by appearance, sound, or weight is NOT going to be definitive. Specific Gravity would be good, but not as good as an XRF test.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
4211 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
About the only way it is going to be accepted as a non-silver nickel is if you have the results of an XRF test to back it up. Going by appearance, sound, or weight is NOT going to be definitive. Specific Gravity would be good, but not as good as an XRF test.

Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JesusRega, Is the Mint Mark on the Reverse?

Group, Did Henning make any 43 D's?

If you click on "Reply to Topic" above the Quick Reply section at the bottom, you are able to add pictures. Someone might see something you missed, or help verify your claim.

Welcome to the forum.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18257 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Going to be interesting.
just carl
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with Mayflower where is the mint mark?
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JesusRega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mint Mark is above Monticello weigh in at 4.7 I suck at getting pics to upload so be patient but I really think I got me something here guys really do
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JesusRega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://photos.app.(Offsite URL shortening not allowed-G) /Nv3GkhoqbEHWszEG9
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9643 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by Dorado
07/18/2019 2:31 pm
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05