Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins From Africa That Are Current Legal Tender

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  06:02 am Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2007 Rwanda 100 Francs, KM# 32

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5805 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2002 Morocco 2 Dirhams:
Pillar of the Community
United States
1615 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Timely topic for me. I just returned from a trip to Uganda, and here is the only coin I received in change during the two weeks I was there, 500 shillings.

Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Timely topic for me. I just returned from a trip to Uganda, and here is the only coin I received in change during the two weeks I was there, 500 shillings.
I like the cameo affect.
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, a Staff note: This topic and many others like it have been moved to the newly created "Post Your..." Gallery Topics forum. Now all of these are together in one place for easier viewing for fans and those on the run. So if you like this one, check out the others.

http://goccf.com/f/167
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A big "Thank You" from me to you jbuck!

Great idea and I appreciate it!
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zurie that is a wickedly interesting and fascinating coin. Wow! Very cool.

Would you mind sharing any of the back story as related to the coin and/or any other info that can't be found from just researching the Internets.

I'm making the assumption that this was received as change during a commerce transaction.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1615 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree it's a cool looking coin. The bird on the obverse is a crested crane, the national bird of Uganda. The coat of arms on the reverse has a Ugandan kob (type of antelope) and the crested crane. At current exchange rates, the 500 shilling coin is worth about 13 cents. Virtually every cash transaction we made were with bills, even in local markets, since they have 1000 shilling bills. I wish I had a more interesting story on how I acquired this coin, but I actually got it as change at the Entebbe airport on our last day in Uganda. If I had been thinking, I would have asked them for some more change!
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A big "Thank You" from me to you jbuck!
You are very welcome.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5805 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One Namibian Dollar. This coin shows a Bateleur Eagle on the reverse and the country's coat-of-arms on the obverse. I got it in change when I visited Namibia on a business trip in 2002. The Namibian dollar was introduced in 1993, replacing the South African Rand at par. At the time of my visit, South African coins and notes still circulated freely in Namibia.
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11285 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1994 Tanzania.
100 Shilingi.

Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5805 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gambia 50 bututs 1998:
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11285 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2004 South Africa.
20 Cents Sepedi/Sesotho Legend - Afrika Borwa.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05