Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1948 Silver Dollar For Grading

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  2:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need help to grade this Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1497 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
need better pics.
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

best I can do with the pictures. Vic
Pillar of the Community
Canada
985 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have the coin in hand or is it based on pictures? Looks like it is in some kind of flip, ICCS?

From the angle it is taken at, I would worry that it has been cleaned or something. Also looks like a big rim nick @5 o'clock.

With such a small reverse, I would worry that it is a counterfeit coin.

With such a high value item, would not buy site unseen/examined.
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just the pictures from the auction site. Makes me wonder about the date etc.. on the reverse. I will email to see if they can send me better pictures.
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

here are some better pictures
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10628 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Date looks ok to me? if real it's a very nice obverse MS something.
True North
Valued Member
Canada
452 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62/MS63
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2398 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ms 63 rim damage.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1497 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10 ft pole. Looks polished to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way too many marks for anything UNC ... maybe details with damage/possible cleaning.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15774 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not able to take it out of the flip for pictures?

So far MS60 or 61, but with bad rim hit and fingerprints.

I agree with purelywasted:
If buying, need to examine this one in hand.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
985 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that's an ICCS flip, I would venture an AU 55 - rim damage or Ms 62 - cleaned/rim damage.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS details (rim damage in two areas).
Valued Member
Canada
226 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisCat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to me to like it was cleaned and retoned. Rim damage is also a problem. Unc Details.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
677 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AT first glance it looks really nice. Nice strike, maybe MS64.....then all the little issues become apparent, as previously mentioned. I'm not a fan of the russet toning on the reverse. I'm thinking MS62 with a qualifier.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05