Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955 D Wheat Penny Looks Brand New

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
0 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  12:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrshughey78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, my name is Dani Jo and I'm new here and I had a question about a penny that I found I collect wheat pennies and any other older coins I can find because I am a huge history nerd anyhow I found this Penny and it looks brand new like it just came out into circulation and I can't quite figure out why considering it's from 1955 and I've seen where some of these pennies are worth a lot and where some aren't I figured the way this look how it looks new it must have come out of somebody's collection or something on accident but I can't see any errors on it so I'm not sure why it would look the way it does
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39149 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's start with pics, please.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9562 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11176 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , It's impossible to evaluate your Wheat cent without photos of front and back of coin .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MJD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may have found one of the coins released into circulation as part of the Great American Coin Hunt.

https://coinweek.com/us-coins/the-g...has-arrived/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16247 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ppincher1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She probably did not include pictures because this site is so danged hard to up load pictures to! It would be nice if the format allowed an easier method of uploading ones pics.

That's my two cents worth........pun intended.
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ppincher1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Dani Jo was looking for something more like,
The 1955 LWC in MS-67+ Red on PCGS is currently listed at $2,150.00, but the audience Dani Jo cant tell if yours is because anything they may offer would be pure conjecture due to the lack of a picture.
Valued Member
United States
328 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Papadoc75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly, Welcome to CCF!
The photo uploading takes some getting used to, and plenty of practice. I'm still not happy with the quality of my uploads and it's been a few years. Make use of the forum topics about photo taking. There is plenty of discussion about it. And read all the sticky posts as well. It covers all the basic rules of posting topics.
Edited by Papadoc75
07/23/2019 7:50 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05