Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help About A Banknote Condition

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Brazil
115 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  1:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pirgah to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Recently I bought an old banknote: 1854 - 10 mil reis - Brazil - Pick A231, see
photos attached.

Its not a very rare banknote but Im prone to grade it on a third part grader, but only if it can be graded at a minimum of 60.

So I need some help from you guys, just a personal opinion of you.

I take a look around and only find similar very used banknotes.

Would you think that this banknote could reach at least a 60 grade on PMG or PCGS?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no.
Valued Member
Brazil
115 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pirgah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jim
Pillar of the Community
United States
4237 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rounded corners.
Irregular bottom.

No.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ppincher1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, nice note!

I do how ever agree with the others statements and will also add that the brown ink used to print the large letters DEZ and the ensuing circles as well seem to some how leached towards the bottom of thee note.
Although it is not a rare or even a mint state note, no less and if I were you I would preserve it and add it to your collection. Who knows maybe your grand children or theirs will reap a future benefit from your efforts.
Valued Member
Brazil
115 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pirgah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ppincher1 which is the best way to preserve it? I thought if I put it on a holder would be better, or not?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10056 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  03:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any quality holder is better than nothing. Cool note.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05