Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Legacy Currancy Graders / $5 - 2006 Radar Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
512 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  10:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

To my understanding these guys are a spin off, of PCGS. Just got this bill done at the Calgary RCNA show. I would like some feed back of there place in the market. I'm very happy with the job they did.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43811 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example. Legacy is the successor company to PCGS Currency.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
563 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be the same thing. Same holders same PPQ mark. I am confused though, what has happened to PCGS? I see some new PCGS Gold holders, that are very big in size. All this kinda makes things bad for all our PCGS holders. I know they are providing discounts for re-holdering with the new Legacy holders, but if this means PCGS holders are no more, will they still be recognized in a hundred years as a light certification?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4429 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Legacy owner was the licensed user of PCGS Currency for the last many years until early this year as their contract expired with no renewal for whatever reasons, as is PCGS GOLD in Asia. The mess created by the parent company PCGS is just unbelievable, why would you third party your name, but Legacy is the spinoff of the old PCGS Currency
Edited by john100
07/30/2019 1:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4429 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Legacy was at recent Calgary RCNA, they were not remotely close to being overwhelm with business at the last RCNA as PCGS Currency, that sort of tells you what a brand name means.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2669 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Legacy owner was the licensed user of PCGS Currency for the last many years until early this year as their contract expired with no renewal for whatever reasons, as is PCGS GOLD in Asia. The mess created by the parent company PCGS is just unbelievable, why would you third party your name, but Legacy is the spinoff of the old PCGS Currency

Collectors Universe still retain the name to PCGS. So nothing stops them from finding another 3rd party to grade banknotes.

Quote:
PCGS announced on Tuesday that it has ended its business relationship with K3B, Inc., a Peoria, Illinois company that operated under the trademark and brand PCGS Currency.

The announcement came as unexpected news to the numismatic community as K3B has been grading notes under the PCGS Currency brand since February 2009 and no mention of a potential split was apparent at the recently concluded Florida United Numismatists (FUN) Show, where PCGS Currency was still conducting business.

K3B is operated by paper money authentication expert Jason Bradford.

According to a statement prepared by PCGS, the agreement between Collectors Universe (NASDAQ: CLCT) and K3B terminated on January 30, 2019. After this date, K3B was no longer authorized to holder notes using the " PCGS Currency" brand name. Collectors Universe is currently in the process of reacquiring the PCGS Currency website, which at the time of publication was not accessible.

https://coinweek.com/paper-money-2/...ing-service/

Edited by MoneyPenney
07/30/2019 3:51 pm
Valued Member
Canada
321 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would never buy a Legacy currency graded note.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3412 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only been around a few months and they already have a legacy, and it's not good! Into the dustbin just like CGA.
Valued Member
Canada
112 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2019  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Starting to see a lot of over grading
Personally I won't touch them
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05