Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

August 2019 RCM Release

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
341 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  11:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A most unexpected outcome given I live in a semi rural area, I received the August mail out last night.

This month's releases are:

$20 1oz Silver GITD Parliament - $105 (Already noted)
Unc Set with cartoon GITD 50c - $30
Coloured Silver Proof Set with 3/4 oz SML medal. - $200
Fractional Hologram GML set - $4,400 Mintage 500
$250 1kg Silver Oval Antiqued Train - $2,500 Mintage 400
$10 Sovereign Replica (20mm 99.99 Gold) 100 anniversary of last Canadian Sovereign - $730 Mintage 1,000

Continuing Series
#8 $20 1 oz Silver Battle of the Scheldt - $95
#8 $3 1/4 oz Silver Folk Music - $50
#3 $20 1oz Silver Frigg (Norse Trilogy) - $110
#2 $20 1oz Silver GITD "Steve: (Sky Wonders) - $105
$5 Silver Virgo (Zodiac) - $55

Year of Rat
- $10 1/2 oz Silver - $42
- $15 0.9oz Silver Scalloped edge - $102
- $15 1oz Silver - $102
- $150 0.35oz 18K Gold $829
- $2,500 1kg Gold (99.99) $75,000

New Series
- $350 1oz Gold (99.999) Cougar - $2,800 Mintage 400
- $25 1oz Silver Extra High Relief Wolf's head - $140
- $30 2oz Silver Gold Plated Orca & Sea Lions - $200
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up 4 items of the August releases that I liked:

$20 1oz Silver GITD Parliament
Unc Set with cartoon GITD 50c
Coloured Silver Proof Set with 3/4 oz SML medal
5 oz. Pure Silver Reverse-Gold Plating Coin - Big Coin Series: 1-Cent Coin
The rest I'm not interested in, but on the fence with the Multifaceted Animal Head Series: 1 oz. Pure Silver Extraordinarily-High Relief 3-Coin Subscription. Like the look of these coins.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Valued Member
Canada
341 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have picked up 2 items;

- the Coloured Proof set - My completionist OCD won't let me miss this
- the Gold Cougar.

I am already subscribed to the scalloped Chinese Calendar series so will get the Year of Rat.

I am on the fence regarding the Sovereign as it is a coin I really like but am a bit disappointed with the change in size to 20mm from 22. Seems like an un-necessary shift unless moving to 99.99% from 91.67% (22k) resulted in a coin that was too soft/fragile/thin at 22mm.
Valued Member
Canada
205 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the Multifaceted Animal Head Series is very well done. The coins are stunning. Additionally, the mintage is very low: 2,500. Unfortunately, I'm not emotionally attached to animal heads.

The 1/4 oz gold Sovereign coin also got my attention. But I'm not sure if I want to pay $730 for a 1/4 oz coin that commemorates the Sovereign coin.

p.s.: just noticed the obverse features the Queen, not the King as on the original 1919 Sovereign coin. So I will not get this coin either.
Edited by YesOrNo
07/30/2019 2:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6567 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
p.s.: just noticed the obverse features the Queen, not the King as on the original 1919 Sovereign coin. So I will not get this coin either.

Agree...
I think, for the same money will be better to get an original in good condition, rather then buying commemorative edition.

Get the original coin, capsule, small wooden box (same as RM packed new Sovereigns) and coin with the timeless design got perfect display.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
894 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i picked up the 3 coin multifaceted animal coin series. Interesting set!

Edited by New1954
07/30/2019 6:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4156 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr: Is your OCD kicking in because it's a proof set, a silver proof set, a colourized proof set or something else?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Coloured Silver Proof Set with 3/4 oz SML medal. - $200

Isn't this the same set they released in 2018? The only difference is a different medallion. Last year was the RCM medallion and this year is a Maple Leaf medallion.

They are too similar to my liking so I won't be getting it.

That's my major beef with the RCM. Being repetitive, doing things over and over with some variations. This months release is so massive with so many releases it boggles the mind. However, except for the high relief animal heads, it is more of the same.

For example, the fractional set has been done to death , we already have a glow in the dark parliament coin (Canada Day 2017), the replica sovereign (gold plated last year), the CN Kilo high relief coin (Voyageur Kilo high relief - same oval shape)

Even with so many new releases I did not buy a single coin.
Edited by MoneyPenney
07/31/2019 8:03 pm
Valued Member
Canada
341 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems
I maintain a few annual NCLT series: 36mm Proof SD, Loon Proof SD & Base Dollar, and $100 Gold. I don't always trust obtaining coins extracted from sets by others.

@MoneyPenney
Yes... It is the same set as 2018 with a different medal and updated dates.
Valued Member
Canada
350 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Proof Nut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not overly impressed with the offerings this month.

Nearly a week into August and so far none of the highlighted items are listed on the RCM website. Is this a new practice?

Thankfully my VIP status at CAC allows me a peek.
Valued Member
Canada
350 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Proof Nut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems that the new releases are there now.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4156 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Proof_Nut: I saw your original post but could not post an immediate reply.

I believe the RCM opens the New Releases pages to the general public on the first Tuesday of each month, that's why you didn't see the new coins on Monday.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4156 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr: I'm with you re: the 36mm SDs - I also keep my set current and complete.

I haven't decided, however, if I want to spend $200 for the coloured silver proof set with the 36mm Maple Leaf medal. Time will tell if I succumb to temptation!

Valued Member
Canada
350 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Proof Nut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe the RCM opens the New Releases pages to the general public on the first Tuesday of each month, that's why you didn't see the new coins on Monday.

Thanks Commems!

I used to look forward to knowing well ahead of time so I could feature a new release on the front page of the club newsletter or write an in-depth article on it. Leaves things a little rushed and to the last minute when you're already past the self imposed deadline.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6567 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2019  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like people securing these:

Pushing the Limits - The Royal Canadian Mint adds to its family of innovative firsts
Multifaceted Animal Head Series: 1oz. Pure Silver Extraordinarily-High Relief three-coin subscription

As per RCM - 98% of the subscriptions sold!

Thanks for members from other site for alert.
Valued Member
Canada
341 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2019  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Multifaceted Animal Head Series: 1oz. Pure Silver Extraordinarily-High Relief three-coin subscription
As per RCM - 98% of the subscriptions sold!

Awaiting Stock as of now.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05