Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The 5 Good Emperors Set..at Last!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2675 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know little about ancients but can certainly appreciate handsome coins like those, and the satisfaction of completing s set!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4499 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice going, Paul. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1600 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2019  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments!......
I've really enjoyed collecting this set and have learnt sooo much on the journey....
I will add a Commodus/Crispina...Lucius Verus/Lucilla and eventually an Aelius...in Silver...
At the moment I'm collecting the same emperors but in Sestertius, Dupondius and As....And will add them to the set as they arrive.....Paul

Quote:
completing my Constantinian dynasty set, which I still have to post.

Looking forward to seeing your set @travelcoin.....
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add marcussian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Palouche,

What a nice collection you have. I also plan to have the 5 good emperors but for instance I only have 2 (trajan and antonius pius).

You mentionned that you had most coins (except trajan and nerva) for under 30$. That is impressive. Where did you buy your coins? Personnaly I haven't seen such good deals !

Regards,
Marcussian
Edited by marcussian
11/24/2019 7:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5742 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on completing the set @Paul! I'm excited for you - that was a terriffic deal on the Plotina, thanks entirely to it being misattributed as Agrippina II by the auction house! I only caught it because it's a die match to my own example:

Sadly, that isn't the end of the road if one wants to collect *all* of the Nerva-Antonine dynasty...

- Marciana, sister of Trajan (Pricey!)
- Divus Trajan Pater, Biological father of Trajan (doable)
- Matidia, niece of Trajan (Pricey!)
- Antinous, Hadrian's boy toy (Extremely pricey!)
- Galerius Antoninus, Antoninus Pius' biological son (Exceptionally rare)
- Domitia Lucilla, Marcus Aurelius' mommy (Only a few known examples)
- Annius Verus Caesar, younger brother of Commodus (Doable with patience)

And it is also worth noting that many consider the little stick figure babies on the many Fecunditas / Pietas issues of Faustina II to be representative of her living children at the time....
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1600 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Congrats on completing the set

Thanks Steve but it came down to your sharp eyes! I would think that most CCF members, including myself, would have skipped past this unless they were actually looking for an Agrippina II coin?....Thanks again a great find!

@marcussian.....The AP, H and MA I'm pretty sure were all well under $30 and purchased from ebay sellers that I've used for years....Some of the other coins are from CCF members...You just have to keep your eyes open, be patient and they will eventually arrive....Paul
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05