Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Toning On 1967 Sudan Proof Set -- Your Opinions?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1209 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  4:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 0xDA71D to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

These are all seller photos. Waiting to receive in hand to take my own photos which will be much better in quality. I'm usually not a toner collector, but paid $53 for this set.

The higher denominations (top row) are all copper-nickel while the bottom row are all bronze. These are proof coins that are normally sold in sets of 8.

While toned copper-nickel tends to be rare, it seems like the colors here are plausible. Let's see what you think from these seller pics. I will update when I take my own photos in hand.

Edited by 0xDA71D
08/13/2019 02:11 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30341 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks interesting. Take the plastic off before taking pics.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42658 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In these blurred pics, the toning looks pretty attractive. Price doesn't seem like much of a gamble.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13833 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like seller pics are no longer visible. @0xDA71D, can you please post pics once you get them in hand? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
1209 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 0xDA71D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
updated pictures! Thank you.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16068 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some may take the risk of giving them all a very quick dip, to 'tone down the tone', but I would advise against this.

If the fixings to the case are heat fastened, you won't be able to do this anyway, without destroying the case.

Just accept them as they are as you have to, as you should do with your wife.
If you feel that you should not be numismatically married to these coins, then run !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a lovely set. Love the obv design of those Sudan coins. I had a few I had collected as a kid that I sold off on eBay a few years ago.

Also in my experience CuNi toning is unusual, but I've had a few CuNi coins with a bit of toning (an Irish half crown comes to mind).
Edited by tdziemia
08/13/2019 06:44 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05