Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do These Coins Exist?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  6:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2012 (NBU) from cellophane sets or are they the same as business strike

2011 (NBU) from cellophane sets or are they the same as business strike

2001P (Business Strike) - everything online leads me to believe the P is just struck for Proof Like Sets

1983 (both Near and Far) for Proof, Proof Like and Specimen of did they only produce 1 type for NCLT for 1983

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2328 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2001P (Business Strike) - everything online leads me to believe the P is just struck for Proof Like Sets

yes the "p" cent is in proof like sets..

the 2011 and 2012 cents both come in magnetic versions, and non magnetic versions, but I believe both were available in business strikes. From rolls, I have no data on what comes in the proof like sets.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7544 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are no Proof Like sets issued after 2010.
The coins after 2010 in pliofilm sets are all circulation coins.
There are sellers on ebay who would like you to believe otherwise.
But it just ain't true.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2328 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey dbm, that is a link to one, of my auctions, and I would never purposely mislead anyone, I call them proof like sets, because that is what I call everything that comes in a cardboard holder, with philofilm packaging, from 1968 to date. yes they are uncirculated sets.. even the mints packaging says uncirculated sets, back into the early 2000's.. it is just a term. in no way meant to mislead someone..
Learn More...
Canada
8537 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM is correct - 2010 is the last year proof-like coins were struck in Ottawa specifically for those sets. Starting in 2011, uncirculated coins struck in Winnipeg were placed into those sets. They are often of worse quality than those found in mint-issued rolls, due to the extra handling of packaging the uncirculated sets.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing. So no 2011 or 2012 PL pennies
The 2001P was only produced for PL sets

Just still wondering about the 2 varities of 1983 for PL SP and PF
Learn More...
Canada
8537 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1983 varieties do not exist for the proof strikes. They are all near beads.... but you have to be careful, because sometimes even ICCS gets this one wrong!!

http://goccf.com/t/278474&whichpage=2&
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SPP.

I noticed in your link you stated there were near and far varities for PL and SP.
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP can you tell me scarcity between both for SP and PL are. I havent checked which ones I have but wondering if it's worth searching for the other varieties!
Learn More...
Canada
8537 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
darn scarce... I hate to quantify this... I cannot understand or explain why...

My eBay store
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05