Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hi. Collector Of Two Pound Coins BU And Silver Proof

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
0 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  11:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Billy Bragg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need to learn more about 2 pound coins ,having problems with getting a case that holds silver proof 2 pound in capsules . Any help would be good ,thanks guys Mark
Learn More...
United States
76093 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28964 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. What size type holder?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United Kingdom
206 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I use Lindner or Lighthouse trays - you can pick the diameter that they hold and they keep things well protected. They are amply deep enough to take the coins in the plastic rings - although I haven't tried them with the Piedfort coins.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5484 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from another British collector!

PaddyB's suggestion sounds good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF, Billy!
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bigmarty58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recommend Lighthouse trays and caps. Currently using them for all of my raw coins. Several years have gone by with no toning issues. Trays fit into several different size aluminum box's also sold by Lighthouse.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10109 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Valued Member
Canada
322 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I second the Lighthouse opinion. I have two trays... one for silver proof pounds and one for silver proof two pounds.

The Trays can fit into either mahogany boxes, carrier cases or a number of other different storage options.

I have a number of other coins that I collect and the lighthouse products allow me to have a number of trays in a single case where I can mix up the items collected.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
206 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know - are Lindner and Lighthouse the same company? I have trays from both picked up randomly over the years. They fit together perfectly and seem identical apart from the logo in the handle.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05