Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 Trinidad & Tobago Franklin Mint Specimen Set Mintage?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1731 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  3:48 pm Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know the mintage (or estimated mintage) of this set? Unlisted in Krause and unable to find in any of my other usual resources.

Thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16904 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looked in my old double block set and they aren't listed for mintage there either.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40379 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought tons of these over the years for melting, but don't recall seeing a reference for mintages.
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to this link, 613 were minted:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/RARE-613-Se...AOSwN8Ja9OC-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40379 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that. Never gave mintages a second thought when I was selling them for bullion.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1731 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Thanks for that. Never gave mintages a second thought when I was selling them for bullion./quote]

Pieces are copper nickel, not silver...

[quote]
According to this link, 613 were minted:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/RARE-613-Se...Ja9OC-/quote]

The set you linked is the 1974 set, not the 1983...

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VickySilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I can answer. Well, it is unknown.

The Franklin Mint changed management sometime around 1980 and the care by which stats were taken and recorded eroded quite a bit.
So many times no figures were recorded (at least in a fashion that is available in ANY source to us).

So some had numbers posted - and in some case I doubt even these - and in others none recorded.
The 1983 mint set fits in that category - unknown mintage. It has NO silver in it, but it is likely rather scarce.

However, there are a cadre of collectors such as myself that have followed these over the years. I used to have one, but when wife left she took ALL of my FM sets which I have carefully attempted to rebuild. I know this may not be the forum but would as a collector (NOT DEALER) would be interested if this be for sale.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05