Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Mexico 1872 Peso - Feedback Sought

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,233Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1328 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  9:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I just payed for this coin. I believe it is Zacatecas, but the mint mark looks like its defective. I studied the pics carefully before bidding, but still have a lingering doubt about authenticity. I would appreciate feedback and grade opinions. Thanks.


Mexico-1872-Peso---Feedback-Sought
Mexico-1872-Peso---Feedback-Sought
Pillar of the Community
willieboyd2's Avatar
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The original poster's coin is a Zacatecas coin. Only the Zacatecas mint had an assayer 'H' in 1872.

I have a similar Mexico peso coin also dated 1872 and minted at Zacatecas.
Mexico-1872-Peso---Feedback-Sought
Mexico peso 1872 Zs-H
Silver, 37 mm, 26.42 gm

The 'Zs' is the Zacatecas mintmark and the 'H' is the assayer Ygnacio Hierro initial.

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television
Edited by willieboyd2
08/29/2019 10:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1328 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
willieboyd2. Thanks for your response. When I get the coin I will examine the edge. Do you know where I can get a description or pic of the edge of this typee of coin?
Bedrock of the Community
Dorado's Avatar
Canada
24885 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,233Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums