Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

When To Start Searching For W Quarter?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tmansell to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
With the release of another W minted quarter coming this monday, when is the best time to start searching rolls? Will they be released early, will banks have new rolls on monday? Or is it anyone's guess?
Thanks in advance
Pillar of the Community
United States
2307 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's one on eBay already, they were released early!
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PghPI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been hitting banks hard trying to get into rolls with the new design, but although I have found a ton of Lowells and a few WAP's, I have not even found any of the AMP design in the W mint mark yet, so I don't think my area will see them soon. probably not for another month but I will let you know if I see them.

All of the W Lowell's that I have gotten were mixed in with full rolls of the American Memorial Park design, since it seemed like the W Lowell's didn't make it to the mint or Loomis to get mixed in with the Lowell P mint mark coins. They mixed them in with the next design. But then all of the War in the Pacific W coins I have found have been in P mint rolls of the same design. Weird. So I am still searching for AMP W's and the new design W's too.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tmansell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
such a bummer for you! I'm in one of the areas where they release new coins so I think I've been lucky. got 2 W AMPs from customers at work, then found another W AMP while coin roll hunting. might give it another week to pick up a box, or test my luck on monday.
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the time is the best time to look for the Ws!
You won't find them if you don't look for them, I've struggled with older BU boxes for the last month, but when the new BU boxes turn up you can get many examiles per box. I've had luck for Ws out of mixed reroll boxes and even customer wrapped rolls by now too. So I'd say the best time to look is now untIL the end of next year.
I'm still getting BU boxes of the last two designs from last year and I expect well into next year the 2019 BU boxes with Ws will still be turning up. There will be misses but the hits will eventually happen if you keep looking.
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ive been searching mixed rolls of quarters.ive found 6 w,s in them.got a lowell w today and a mariana island w yesterday.got a guam last month too so got the first 3 in regular mixed quarters.i get 3 boxes a week to search
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05