Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia Commemorative $10 Note Aa16xxxxx (Brand New In Blue Paper Folder)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Exbushman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone
I have a gift from an old friend back to the 1980's - a commemorative $10 Aussi Note issued in 1988, claimed to be the first kind of new style plastic money of the world. I Would like to know the current value if this gift in 2019.
Thanks all so much for letting me know.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40443 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about some pics?

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4104 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is searching for '1988 Australia 10'. These have recently sold.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...H_Complete=1
Pillar of the Community
Australia
574 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i Everyone
I have a gift from an old friend back to the 1980's - a commemorative $10 Aussi Note issued in 1988, claimed to be the first kind of new style plastic money of the world. I Would like to know the current value if this gift in 2019.
Thanks all so much for letting me know.

Since Ebay started prices have dropped,still a roller coaster thou.,probably worth A$20-50.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15778 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prices in the link are about right.
I have an overprint Bicentennial and a standard issue.
The Bicentennial has noticeably sharper printing, the standard issue has printing that is much more akin to that on any standard issue polymer note.
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Exbushman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks mate for your prompt response and info. Happy to note that this souvenir item still worth keeping.
Let's stay in touch.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
   Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05