Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

26 Different $1 Coins Being Released Through Australia Post

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  8:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Starting on Monday 30 September, make a purchase at your local Post Office and have the chance of receiving one or more of the about to be released A-Z $1 coins in your change!
https://auspost.com.au/great-aussie...K20190919003
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10432 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  03:09 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought Australia Post refused to handle coins & currency...
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30485 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only 5 more posts Stephen
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reminder ... starts today! #128578;
An official collector's folder is also available for $9.

https://auspost.com.au/great-aussie...gach__header
Valued Member
Australia
481 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2019  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrcruise to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow

Its gone from one folder to house all $1 decimal coins to one folder per year to house all $1 decimal coins

It never ends and hard to keep up with everything released these days
Edited by mrcruise
10/01/2019 12:44 am
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2019  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Royal Mint's not silly ... if the $2 coloured coins are working, why not try the $1 coin?
Edited by coaster
10/01/2019 06:39 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2433 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can't be bothered going to the post office every day to get these coins,
they will be released in a roll, with a folder, on the 28th October, for $49.
They will be slightly different though, as they will have a privy mark.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They will be slightly different though, as they will have a privy mark.

Looks as though only the 'A' coin will have a privy mark and then there is only a one in ten chance of finding this limited edition coin when you purchase the folder and 26 coin set.
https://auspost.com.au/great-aussie-coin-hunt

Pillar of the Community
Australia
619 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  02:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Squire Wilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
....Australia Post and the Mint have come up with their latest offer. For $3 you can buy a $1 Aussie Themed coin in its holder.
Below is the "Yowie" coins that I purchased as part of a future Christmas present for my nephew and niece.
They quite like the "Yowie", an Australian version of the North American "Bigfoot".

Squire

Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lightw4re to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And proof silver are also available

Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And proof silver are also available
Looks nice.
Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hi all

On 1.11.2019 some " lucky " punter bought the " A " $1 single coin with the scarce envelope privy mark for $317 + $10.50 registered post. Yesterday - 6.11.2019 - the full 26 $1 set with the scarce " A " envelope privy mark sold for a more " reasonable " $248.05 + $10 post.

I'm going to try to get 3 sets at face value for 3 of my younger 5 grandsons from my local P.O.

These 2019 $1 coins are a little thicker than the traditional $1 MoR's.

I haven't bought many coins or sets, etc, since 2015 because the torrential flood of coins being released by the RAM started to drown my interest and, now, better allocated finances. Even Noah would have drowned !!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2874 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope that the idea of one high denomination coin per letter does not spread to Canada.
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm going to try to get 3 sets at face value for 3 of my younger 5 grandsons from my local P.O.

To save having to go into the P.O. there is the option available to purchase these sets online, directly from Australia Post, with free delivery.
https://auspost.com.au/shop/product...-set-1711744
Australia
12 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gehenna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got mine in the post today and look who was staring up at me when I opened it! Was extremely happy until I took them out and had a closer look. The coins don't sit flush in the tube so bang around against each other with movement so all of them have rim damage. Some even have scratches and marks, poor effort in my opinion for what I was thinking were going to be beautiful uncirculated coins
Valued Member
Germany
437 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats to your ''get''
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05