Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Great News-- The Value Of Your Canadian Collection Has Increased By 30%

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2537 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was also at at a recent coin show, and of course every certified coin, has a price sticker on it of full trends,
Try to offer a dealer 40-60% of trends, see how quickly you are on the , I don;t want to talk to you list..

in closing, if you can buy un certified, coins for 40% of trends, good for you, but then you have to resell them to someone who knows what a coin is worth , without a grading.. and that market is extremely small..
Valued Member
Canada
435 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silverwolf, I love raw coins and am very comfortable with grading. I use ICCS when I have to and have mentioned before the easiest series to benefit in this is the GV nickel series. Buying raw and then certifying. I have certified two groups in the last year consisting of eight and fifteen coins, all MS coins picked up raw on eBay and certifying mainly MS-63 and MS-64 and I paid in all cases but one less than $20 each. But that series is an exception. It is made for people who can recognize a grade from a picture. But scarce coins come up regularly. Purchased in the last three weeks and all at 40% of trends or less include: 1927 quarter in EF, 1891 SDLL obv. 3 in AU-50, 1885 Small 5/5 in VF-20, 1908 Canadian half in VF-20,1908 Large Date five cents in VF-20, 1886 large cent RP6 in AU-55 and those are just some of the scarcer issues. I don't often agree with a certain Trends editor but he's right on one thing: there is a huge amount of estate material coming into the market now and that flood will only get larger. Don't overpay.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05