Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Real Or Fake 1796 Quarter Dollar

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2019  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin2221 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Started at $350 and now $500
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44072 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm stunned.
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2019  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimNH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it an auction we can watch?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3155 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2019  01:47 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Laughable fake!
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2019  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin2221 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Na cant watch, but I will ask when its sold how much she got for it. So far someone is offering $500!
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2019  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin2221 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to get just to show how much of a fake it is. Point out all the floors!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18975 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2019  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a shame people could end up paying so much for it and finding out later it is not real.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1682 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can find copies like this one on Etsy for $12 to $25. And then some sellers that think it's real selling them for $50,000.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
1595 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is terrible. People getting scammed like this. Seems an obvious fake, but people try to take advantage of others all of the time.
Edited by merclover
10/19/2019 10:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3599 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You can find copies like this one on Etsy for $12 to $25.

Just checked .... no fake 1796 quarters there.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16156 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They have added a bunch of marks to try and hide it but this is almost certainly a vampire hub fake. Of course the easiest way to tell it is a fake is it is based on the 1795 off-center bust variety (B-14) That was the only variety in the whole bust dollar series that had the off-center bust.
Gary Schmidt
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16156 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I missed that he said it was a quarter dollar, but I suspect it is actually a dollar because IS based on the 1975 B-14 dollar and I can't see how they could reduce the hub size down to quarter size. It also is NOTHING like the 1796 quarter.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
845 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bust dollars (and all silver dollar coins before the Morgan type) are among the most heavily counterfeited coins in the world. One you shouldn't buy raw unless you know the dealer. I believe there are more fake Bust dollars than there are real ones.

Ever wonder how the Chinese became a world power in forty years instead of 100-200? No country goes from being literally on the verge of starvation to having the 2nd largest economy without playing dirty.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Edited by CalzoneManiac
11/13/2019 9:42 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05