Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

London Banknote Fair 2019 Acquisitions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2439 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2019  11:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't really specialize in the White notes as they tend to be quite expensive and note terribly interesting but the earlier signatures of the Bank of England can only be found on them hence I picked up this Harvey note from 1921. It has a small burn in it but I can't stretch to the top grades for these sort of notes.

Neither do I specialize in misprints but it is getting hard to add to my English collection since I have all the types now. This means I am looking out for oddities and things I can still add.

This note is missing some of the printing and as such is quite an interesting thing. Also I think it is the only graded note in my English collection.

Another significant purchase with this propaganda note made in 1944 France. It is in the form of a one dollar bill with a fold along the left hand side. It opens out to contain antisemitic propaganda (which I won't photograph because it probably contravenes hate speech legislation)

Finally I got a bunch of French notes, including a 10 francs from 1970 which I have neglected to photograph but is probably in the best condition of the group.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
442 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2019  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some cracking banknotes there DavidUK
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2439 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2019  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you &👍
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2019  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lovely assortment of notes. Great acquisitions!
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Valued Member
Canada
313 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice notes. I especially like the Error note.
Learn More...
United States
78522 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18272 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2019  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice group, I like those French notes.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05