Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1964 Dot MS In Sealed Wrapper

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  9:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in one of the estate coin boxes I bought at auction. Looks almost flawless but I am afraid to take it out of the heat seal..Maybe best to leave it in til I send it to get graded?

Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Learn More...
Canada
8607 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  12:17 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can see - you are better off leaving it raw, but replace holder. Looks MS-64 to me.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes..It is quite hard to see the actual coin from the mylar and lights. I will take it out of the plastic with gloves and get a better photo soon and post back here. :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7628 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At MS64 the grading will cost you far more than the coin is worth, even if you can find a TPG who will attribute this error.
Do as as suggested and put it in a holder that will protect it.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a ms 64 for sale on ebay for $300. I thought it was $10 to certify. It looks like a pretty rare coin for higher ms states. Comments? I am still absorbing as much info as I can. I am not really looking to sell anything yet. Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2581 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure that I would believe the book entry above.
Learn More...
Canada
8607 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People can list coins on eBay and ask whatever price they want...

Here is a mint state one that actually sold for $27 (click on 'View Original Item'):

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1964-Canada...43663.l10137
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes..I agree. I always remain skeptical in situations like these.. but those were the prices that sold at auction so I wonder how that happened? I didn't think it was that rare.. :)
Valued Member
Canada
378 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What auctions were they? Hard to know if it is legit unless you go to the actual source. Very small sample size as well.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05