Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Off Cut Error Bill 1973 $1.00

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
110 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  11:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There's a thread going on, on another site. Original poster is inquiring if this is an error.

Many suggested this was removed from uncut sheets of bills and cut post mint. One member claims this IS an error. I'm not a note collector but I would love some info. Is this POST mint or a mint error.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
634 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Info on 1973 $1 bank note sheets is on P284 in the 2019 Charlton GPM guide. All sheets sold were 3 letter prefixes and the OP shows a 2 letter (FK) prefix so this is a legit error (the one fabricated 2 letter prefix is *NP from a stolen sheet).

It appears to be "Cut off size" (E25a) but could also be a "Folding and cutting error" (E24). It is impossible for me to tell because I cannot see whether the note has a fold (or not). If E24 it would be about $100 (45% of $225). If E25a I would say its about 10% larger than it should be (& since roughly in VF+ condition) about 45% of $120 (or about $50).
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42225 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting analysis, thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4366 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could you expand on the info of the stolen NP sheet
Pillar of the Community
Canada
634 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Could you expand on the info of the stolen NP sheet

- It is not NP but *NP (the replacement).

On the bottom of page 412 under "Folding and Cutting Errors" pricing tables in (Charlton GPM 31st ed) Note #2 states:

"Beware of fabricated cutting errors of the $1 1973, prefix *NP. One or more sheets were stolen, and subsequently cut up into pairs, and pair errors. Collectors should be aware that, to date, no errors of this prefix in multiple notes has been found in circulation."

-that is all the info released per Charlton GPM. Hope this helps.
Edited by walk2dwater
10/12/2019 3:29 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Walker. A very informative examination that I certainly learned from.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4366 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05