Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cud Under The Collar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 540Next Topic  
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mokie 2-4-u to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a few coins that have this small cud is there another name for this error or is it a cud.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49017 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a cud. Die chip? How about a close-up.

to the CCF!
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mokie 2-4-u to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The image was taken with my iPad and cropped that's probably the best I can get it I have plenty of coins with die chips but the ones I have like this one they all are pointed and are under the collar and protrude out. I will try to get some better photos and upload.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16684 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes looks like it could be a die chip.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
3288 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your talking about the area above "WE", looks more like a die dent or gouge

Edited: If your seeing it in another area, I noticed that the cent was struck with a slight MAD,therefore you might have a rim ring from 1k to 5k
Edited by Greasy Fingers
10/15/2019 2:25 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49017 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't "collar" refer to Lincoln's jacket?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best blow up looks like a tasty little chip.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20592 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Moved from other topic...

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thing at the motto looks like a Die Dent.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mokie 2-4-u to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Errers and Varietys that seems plausible I have 4 coins like this 2 uncirculated 1970 S a 1994 that has 2 of the die dents and the 1983 that is pictured,
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 540Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05