Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Do You Think About These Notes?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
563 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I am starting to enjoy this notes but I am struggling to grasp the values being but on them on eBay.

The 2008 $10 note is nice, condition is great. When I sent the seller a message saying that Carlton value these notes for much more less then you are listing, I got a reply saying that the listings in Carlton are all based on a 65 grade. Is this true? I always thought Carlton's evaluations are based on gem uncirculated grade What is the reality here?

The 1954 $1 note is another dilemma in it self. The certification says Devil Face which would justify the asking price, but I can clearly see that this note is note a devil face.

Any input on these notes would be great. Thank you

Pillar of the Community
United States
4698 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People can ask whatever they want for these things on eBay. In the end it will bring whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

The selling point for either note is just the serial numbers in my opinion.
Edited by westernsky
10/16/2019 11:36 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
563 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right! which is why I am so perplexed. The book value says $90 cad for a 2 digit radar or $25 cad for a binary or $85 to $200 cad for a low serial number in UNC condition. These guys are asking north of $500. Was wondering if I was missing something here?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4698 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not missing anything! They own the notes and can ask whatever they want for them. "Asking", "getting" and "reality" are three different things though!

They are just throwing them out there hoping for some clueless collector to come along and pony up the cash.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
700 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's also being sold by Coinscurrencyandart.

They post their items at HUGELY inflated prices, like Westernsky said, to lure in a clueless collector...
Valued Member
Canada
202 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OttawaVoyageur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

doesn't look like a Devil's face to me either.

Valued Member
Canada
111 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2019  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First of all I would like to say that
The 10.00 note is a nice note
However I strongly believe it is over graded
Considering the fact that the note would
Be the first note of a brick it is unlikely to not
Have some imperfection
I could be wrong but having gone through
Tens of thousands of bricks and having found
Numerous 0001000 notes none were gem
66 notes
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05