Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Questions For People Familiar With Sending Coins To ICCS

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CA_Coin_Hunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1. How much does it cost to send a coin(s)
2. What do I put in the 'Owners Value' section and what does it mean
3. Do I have to choose insurance or is it optional
4. What do I send the coins in? (2x2, plastic case or what?)

Thanks for the help.
Edited by CA_Coin_Hunter
10/16/2019 4:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
701 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$12/coin for grading decimal coins (gold, tokens, and foreign are $15 each).
If you only send 1 coin, it works out to be around $40 (including shipping there), depending on how much tax you have to include.
Gets cheaper per coin the more you send.

I usually leave the Owner's Value blank; its what you think your coin is worth.

Insurance is optional

I usually send coins in 2x2 holders, but you can send them in flips, etc.
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CA_Coin_Hunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much would it cost to send 7 coins?
Thanks for the info.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
701 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seeing as you are from Ontario, around $125 (for decimal coins, regular service, and no insurance).

If you live near their office (2010 Yonge St, Toronto), you could drop them off and save the shipping costs
Canada
12 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harmony to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jonnysprawl thank you for the info. I've been wondering about this as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1403 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had 4 coins certified not long ago, but I went through Heritage Auctions. I paid $29 per coin for a 1909-(P) VDB that came back from PCGS as Unc Details Tooled and a 1953-(P) Franklin that got an MS-64 FBL from NGC. I also had 2 that I paid $49 each for PCGS True View with online images. A 2000-P Sacagawea that got a MS-67 "Cheerios" Dollar FS-902 designation and a 2000-(P) cent that got MS-66RD "Cheerios" Cent designation.

The only one I haven't sold is the 1909 VDB.

Sorry! I just saw this was for Canadian coins.

Edit: Oops.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Edited by Yokozuna
10/16/2019 8:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4647 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the OP: if you show up to the Torex show early enough Saturday morning, Brian(ICCS) will be there..he takes submissions I believe..he leaves fairly quick though so that's why I stress doing it near opening.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 19 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CA_Coin_Hunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
isn't there a discount for like the more coins you submit. And do silver dollars count as decimal?
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billfrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have used 2 methods in the past for best bang for your buck. If you get to know your local dealer ( who submits 100 coins plus for the discount) you could piggyback on his submission . Or usually at your coin club / society there is usually a fellow collector who holds off for a pile to submit, again join in the submission.
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CA_Coin_Hunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do silver dollars count as decimal? And in the form it says to submit the coins in vinyl, envelipes and etc.. will submiting it in 2x2 add a cost?
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billfrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver Dollars are decimal . I submitted all my coins in cardboard 2x2's , not a problem.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2537 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
perhaps, you should seek advice, on the coins you plan to submit..it may save you some money..we are here to help you out..
Valued Member
Canada
435 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some good advice is here. If you can submit through a dealer or group and this saves money, it's simply smart. When I submit I never include a value and on the flip I submit I never include a grade. I know it might seem dumb but I believe if you submit a grade on their submission sheet or on a flip you're asking to get whacked. Of course, I keep a record of the grades I expect but that's my own business. I don't like grading services but given the nature of the hobby now they've become, when selling, indispensable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2300 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy ICCS Graded Canada Silver Dollars and I have noticed that on some of them the coin looks great, but the ICCS flip looks worn and scratched. This has made me wonder what it would take to get them in new flips. Does ICCS do this and will they ship to the US?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
701 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New flips cost $3; yes they will ship to the US
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2618 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Our Coin Club (Hamilton) gathers coins from members and ships them, as a group, to ICCS to save money for its members. It's best when 50 or 100 go, as the price per coin graded is infinitely cheaper. If you have a local coin club, or other group gathering, it's a good way to go.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05