Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Box Of 2019 D BU I Picked Up Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  6:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dannyc1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all. I have lurked for few weeks, and new to CRH.

Today I went to the bank to get a box of nickels. Discovered it appears to be is an entire box of 2019D BU. Not sure what I should do with them. I did search a roll, and confirmed it is what I thought.

In that roll I found interesting marks on a couple of the nickels. I confess error and varieties I am still figuring out. I can see other enders with similar marks.

I was happy searching for a few key things, and filling an album until this happened. Help

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2537 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the circular marks, are from wrapping machines. and the other small marks, are contact marks, from other coins.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dannyc1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of what I thought. Thanks for the quick response.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep asking. A whole box gives you a chance to find unreported errors and varieties. Good luck.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dannyc1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MoxKING thanks for the response. I don't have a scope. Would you go through all of them, and see if there is anything obvious? Then just return them to circulation? I also thought about putting the rolls on eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4174 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It only takes a mag glass to find the doorway doubled dies, I believe there are 5 so far.

I'd give it a little time before I dumped them.

BTW, it's a shame you're not qualified to B/S/T yet.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dannyc1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks fioti I will look into those errors. I do have a loupe.

I know I'm a long way from being able to do the BST. Just wondering why you made that comment?
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05