Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Identifying This Coin Or Token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  7:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a friend who is asking for help identifying this coin/token. It appears to be french, Google has been no help. Please if anyone can tell us more about this it would be much appreciated.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a generic small medallion of Napoleon and "God protect France".

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies and on Television
The 1949 San Francisco Mexico Peso Restrikes
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13549 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@arby, I can find a discussion over on numista of a similar piece:

https://fr.numista.com/forum/topic80057.html

Looks like it might be a mid-19th Century token having to do with Napoleon I's death, transportation of crematory remains, or final burial.

Also, here is a comptoir des monaies link with the attachment tang still intact. You can see clearly on yours where this has been removed and the metal smoothed down.

http://www.comptoir-des-monnaies.co...lle-p-400938
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like it might be a mid-19th Century token...
Topic moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for the information Spence, I tried to locate it on Numista and had no luck, Couldn't even find a pic on Google at all. I have passed on the information and they are happy to know what it is. Thanks again
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
595 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Original

Napoléon Ier, Médaille, 23mm, Avers : NAPOLÉON I EMPEREUR ET ROI. Tête laurée à droite. Revers : DIEU PROTEGE LA FRANCE. Médaille du milieu du XIXe siècle. (Medals>French>19th Century)
Translation

Napoleon I, Medal, 23mm, Avers: NAPOLÉON I EMPEREUR AND ROI. Lauded head on the right. Reverse: GOD PROTECTS FRANCE. Medal of the mid-19th century. (Medals-French-19th Century)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05