Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013-D ATB Quarter Nevada DDR ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  06:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi to the CCF Team.

I found a neat coin here. If we can start with the Reverse (where the newer 25c design has the letters sunken in vs raised). I would like to please ask for assistance with a thicker "NEVADA" (see south part of letters).

Thanks.

Edited by cocoanutz
10/21/2019 07:07 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29936 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like MD to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks as usual @John1 The Doubled Die surely has to be one of the toughest things for beginners to even be close to knowing what to quickly see. And then to be able to distinguish MD vs DDO / DDR (frustrating..head down, sad). I read up on it..I look at images..there are several ways where a coin can exhibit hub doubling..but when I think I am close to one..it ends up being something other than a Doubled Die error.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29936 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hang in there. There are many types of doubling to learn http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/...Doubling.htm
http://goccf.com/t/51410
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will read up on this and will stay the course
..Thanks again @John1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40277 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I know, there has not been a doubled die on the outer ring reverses and I doubt if we see a doubled die there. Why? Because the doubled dies (class 9 doubled dies) from the single squeeze dies are on the center of the devices. About 70% of the Machine Doubling on incuse devices are found on this areas of the reverse ATB Quarters. They vary from minor to strong, but none of them are doubled dies. Just die movement from the raised on the dies, incuse on the quarters issues on the area in the outer rings on these quarters. The die doubling occurs more in the centers of the dies. On the raised devices the State Quarters and ATB obverses are mostly the same thing. Most are on the earlobes. (Class 9 doubled dies)

Few of the quarters are showing doubling on the the motto on the obverse. One strong DDO on the States quarter 1999-S Proof PA:

and one strong on the ATB Quarters.
2018-P MI DDO:

2019-P DDO Memorial Park:

There maybe more. Just haven't found them yet in my files. So stop looking where doubled dies aren't, but look where doubled dies are found.

CoopHome : States and ATB Quarters

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is another good one @coop !! Re: There maybe more. Just haven't found them yet in my files. So stop looking where doubled dies aren't, but look where doubled dies are found.

True. Thanks again.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05