Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Coin Checklist

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coins1989 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is there such a thing? I've looked for a downloadable one to use at shows, etc. Plenty of these for US coins, nothing found for Canada. Anyone know of any?
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go to either PCGS or NGC and download their registry set composition lists.

I think Whitman puts out a list every year for US and Canadian coins. Looks like this: https://www.discoverbooks.com/Whitm...1=1&CartID=0
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1003 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just copied some lists from PCGS and made some modifications for certain varieties and added the various quarters from the 90's,00's,10's

Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins1989 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks but I think I wasn't clear in what I wanted. The PCG links take me to Ebay listings of certified coins. I am not looking for advanced information, just a simple checklist to take to shows, preferably a pdf file I can download.

The Whitman checklist looks nice but a pdf listing for Canada would fit in with what I already have for US coins.
Edited by Coins1989
10/23/2019 10:53 am
Valued Member
Canada
399 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may have to make your own from looking at coinsandcanada.com or something similar. Perhaps someone on here has already done the work.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins1989 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I have about decided to do that. Won't take too long, just do an old fashioned want list using my Vista albums for reference. Just strange that there isn't one out there but it is what it is.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1003 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The PCGS link was auto generated by this site.

Go to the PCGS site, look up registry sets and the set composition for your desired collecting preference, then copy paste. It will be quicker than trying to copy coinsandcanada listings.

My list is just under 1000 coins covering 1858 to 2019. You should be able to it in about 20 mins
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2019  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins1989 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I still am not following. I went to the PCGS site, looked up registry sets and then couldn't see what I was supposed to do. I couldn't find anything that looked like what I could use to create a checklist of years and mint marks.

It's me, I know. Just not good at this stuff. Thanks for trying..

Update, I may have it. You go to 'set composition' and click on that which brings up a basic list of each possible coin in the series. Neat.

Edited by Coins1989
10/27/2019 7:34 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05