Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help With This 1969 Penny Odd Weight, Odd Obverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
17 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  02:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CuriousCoinRitz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this 1969 penny, the obverse side looks silver, and the weight is different then it's supposed to be. The weight for a 1969 penny should be 3.24 grams but this one is 3.37 grams
Edited by CuriousCoinRitz
11/12/2019 03:12 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF. Can you take some pictures and post them Please.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4703 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Secret Santa look here to see what I have.

http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Learn More...
Canada
8677 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  10:34 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weight is within tolerances... but a photo would be nice.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And please orient your coin pictures properly... and crop them, too.
Welcome to the forum
Canada
17 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CuriousCoinRitz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4376 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plated for sure
Pillar of the Community
Canada
727 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada
17 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CuriousCoinRitz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okay so what does that in terms of worth?
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say It's a normal coin with some kind of film on it and not plated. You can see to much copper. Try giving it a light cleaning with some acetone.
Edited by Daves Errors
11/12/2019 4:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4376 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
plated coins are face value only
Pillar of the Community
Canada
727 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's worth 1c due to the wear and damage
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05