Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1908-1998 NCLT Antique Finish 50 Cent Coin.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  9:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
here is and image of the 50 cent. antique finish new variety. theres no way they match.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is the 25 cent coin same thing no match . I have the third set so 2 sets match perfectly. the third nothing matches. so far my well do them all.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 10 cent coin is the same. its almost like this set was made by some other company.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is the nickle coin. like I said almost the whole set is different.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10347 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  04:43 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, um wut?

Second, have you considered your photo setup. Angles are very important when comparing coin dimensions/designs.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  05:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought that Rocky said that he was going to stop putting "overlays" up to supposedly find new varieties. The use of overlays it very inaccurate.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spruett001 thank you very much but yes of cousre I have. okiecoiner the program that I have for overlays is state of the art. I can any picture I want. I dont know who told you about overlay programs. but they have never used this program. this program cost me 400 dollars american 4 years ago. believe I know how to us it. I can show you a marker on 0c1A . that has never been mentioned anywhere I have read charlton catalogue. I visted james haxby site. when I took a picture of the one in the charlton cataloge did and overlay and there is a marker that sticks out like a sore thumb. can you name it you have a great day
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1398 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So there would have to be two epoxy resin type large matrixes scaled down to 2 different master dies that made at least 2 different sets of working dies. Why would they do that?

I suggest this is typical die expansion early strike vs later strike, probably the same working dies for the limited run. I hate to say it, because I believe you're into something, I've seen it work on here sometimes, it's working somewhat here but I'm just seeing die expansion. And I am no expert but understand engineering to some extent

Again look at a 68 dime and a 55 and a 37, the bluenose side shows great expansion as the hub wore to create the working dies , and the ship became shallower as the die collapsed. Leading to afew being struck in 69 from those hubs that were worn out, then they made a new master, and used different punches for the new smaller dates
Edited by Alan
11/16/2019 6:22 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10347 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  05:04 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't questioning your overlay skills/programs, but the original images themselves. That's the hard part. If the angle of one shot is 1 off, then the overlay is essentially useless. I hope that makes sense.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spruett001 I dont know the overlay program you use. the one I use I can move and image one pixel line at time in any direction I can turn any image 0.5 degrees left or right. if I select any image say your image was not 1 to 1. I simply turn a dial you picture expanses as to as much as I want. so that I can perfectly aline any image. the image does not have to be mind. I am getting ready to take all my gear to 8K. this will cost me another 299 dollars american. but for what I do its worth the expences. the overlay you guys are using is very limited. I know because I have used those program as well believe I know windows, picsart lightroom and photo shop has a program.i dont use them to limited.
spruett001 if have offended you I am sorry. that is not my intend. there is varieties out there. they need to be listed so we can all collect them. believe me they are coming out more and more people are starting to list them.i just hope we can all work together. please have a great one.
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Talonbat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What spruett001 is referring to is that the overlay is done in 2 dimensions where as all pictures are taken in the real world(3 dimensions) so if you take the picture top down and take another picture top down but on a slight 1 degree angle(on z axis) you have pictures that will not overlay properly. Expanding or shrinking would not fix this nor would rotating. Even when taking a picture with the same setup if one of the antique set holders is not perfectly level and the other ones are it would result in the overlays not matching correctly. I'm not saying that's the case here or that this isn't a new variety I'm just explaining spruett001's point.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Talonbat thats not a problem in this program. this program is something we used with the cad department. we created lots of 3 dimensional stuff with this program as well. but like I said it dont come cheap.see finding this stuff is done using a computer program. that a group of computer engineers and myself put together. that what is used to find these varieties. the overlay is just a image to prove the findings. you have a great one
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1648 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Talonbat something else to these prices are with corporate discount.when I get the revanped program back up and running. I will so you a gigg I am building with a computer. it will be the way I prove new varieties once its running. that will make it that a variety either is or not you have a great one
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with thoae that disagree with the overlay of coin images. I don't care if the programs cost thousands of $$$ to purchase. You can not take a photo image and overlay it with another image, whether it's one of yours or not. Unless the angle, depth, rotation, strike crispness, magnification, etc are all exact, you can't use it to "find" a new variety. I thought that, a month or so ago Rocky, that you agreed with me and gave up on the overlays.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4376 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You kind of prove how flawed this program is to finding these minute differences in a NCLT coin, this coin was part of a 25000 mintage set made by super slow, double struck with glove hands too, then I believe the RCM added the secret sauce for antique finish. It could be the antique finish or just simple die wear that causes the minute changes.not many graded NCLT coins are MS 70, most are at best 68. Hans Zoel went to great lengths in the 60"s to publish a lot of minor varieties. I rarely if ever hear collectors or auction houses quote his Zoel numbers, they are at best interesting but too minor to mention
Pillar of the Community
Canada
744 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with John100 hardly worth the effort ,but good luck
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05