Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Bought A Box Of Cents From My Bank. They're All 2019 Bank Wrapped Rolls!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1166 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  3:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
While I'm disappointed there isn't a selection to dig through, I am accepting the challenge to look for errors and nice MS coins From the ends I can tell they are all bright shiny MS.

Any suggestion before I open them all up? Any known errors or varieties among 2019-P cents? Wish me luck! I'll share anything I find that's interesting.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4530 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would take that any day! Nice score.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16110 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep probably five of the rolls.
Wrap them in a clip lock bag and put them away somewhere.

Open a few rolls and keep ten of the most pristine coins you can find. Shut each of them away in air tight containers with some silica gel to do anything that can help avoid zinc rot.

Re circulate the rest, or sell the rest as a job lot roll multiple on eBay. If that is too much effort, just return the rolls back to the bank.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30459 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep a few rolls with heads on one end and tails on the other. Look for errors and varieties as well as any high grade ones...2x2 those. On the bright side,Philly has the best chance on finding errors and varieties. Good luck.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have also gotten a total of 4 of 2019 D Boxes when I had ordered some. It was BORING searching them all BUT that's how you find the errors and new errors. YES IT WAS BORING LOL. Out of 4 boxes I did find 9 of the DDO EAR's and 6 with plating issues that was it. its up to you good luck if you do search them all.
Edited by Daves Errors
11/16/2019 5:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
815 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My advice. They are pennies. Take them in small bite size portions and really work them over. If you go through the entire box at once it's going to dull you to it and it's $25 so it's not like it hurts to take your time on it.

Best examples, set aside, then whittle it downn to like the 10 best or 5 best or whatever you like but you will want to be fresh for that portion and really spend the time comparing. It's also possible that none of the box qualifies above MS67. But if you are going to find one in a circulation strike, that's how you'd do it.

Look for errors of course, but also look for flawless, and anything that looks flawless, set aside and then further and further scrutinize them and narrow it down to the best candidates to save.

I do this with quarters. Usually I can get a roll that's Ms64 to Ms67 but lucky if I can find one that breaks that Ms68 threshold out of 2000.

But take your time tired eyes and repetiveness makes you sloppy and miss things. Best advice I can give ya.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18741 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My suggestion is to just open them all and then put them all back into circulation.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1166 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I opened one roll... after looking at a dozen or so coins in this roll, I realised the word "Liberty" was mushy. It was hard to get a photo clearly showing this problem because it's not clear on the coin itself. Here's what I have:

What do you think is the issue here?

Edited by merclover
11/18/2019 8:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After searching MANY 2019 D coins I'll let ya know this you will see lots of cleaning spots and some bag mark damage. your eyes will see doubling and its not there lol. The light shining on the coin at different angel causes this affect.You will need clear pictures to ask your questions. Good luck
Pillar of the Community
United States
1166 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, Dave, it appears YOU have checked ALL the rolls of 2019 cents out there, and therefore I should just return my remaining 49 rolls from my box since ANYTHING I would find is purely in my imagination. I guess the mushy "Liberty" and misformed letters that can be seen in my photo above is just in my imagination too? Umm. Strange.
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
merclover: Please bring a bunch north of the Ohio border. 2019's are a rarity up here in Michigan; especially Phillies. A dealer up here is getting $25/roll here at shows.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1166 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's amazing!
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  03:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Merclover: Interesting Reply. Now let me correct you. In my first reply to your post I said I had searched 4 boxes = 10.000 Coins 2019(D) NOT all the 2019 out there,never searched the 2019. You yourself said >> It was hard to get a photo clearly showing this problem because it's not clear on the coin itself. Here's what I have: So you posted two poor quality photos. So why the bad ATTITUDE towards me?
Edited by Daves Errors
11/18/2019 03:46 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30459 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  05:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WADR,merclover...your photos are a bit dark and out of focus,that's just my personal opinion. I know that 2019 P & D are known for mushy obverse and reverse,2019-D reverses are well known for a mushy look.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
79417 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1:What dose (WADR) Abbreviation stand for or code for if ya don't mind me asking?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05