Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This 1998 Wide AM Worth Grading?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willyp87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in another coin roll search, would this be worth grading? I know is no MS but possibly AU?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1575 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, Willyp87

The PCGS price guide show the value for this coin would be less than $10, so it's not going to be worth grading. The grade would need to be MS-67+ before the price reaches the grading level on the 1998 WAM.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with yokozuna. Grading fees would never be recovered. It's a nice find though and should sell to someone between $5 and $10 without grading it though without a problem about authenticity.
It clearly is what it is, although I'm not liking it's color. I hope that's the lighting, it looks badly colored in the reverse picture like it sat in something that discolored it.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
11/17/2019 10:12 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11997 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice strike but a lot of imperfections with this coin . Not a candidate for grading . AU-55/58 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42704 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely not a candidate.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05