Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help On 1876 Halfpenny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
14 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  02:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add aeromedic to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got lucky in an auction and came up with an 1876 halfpenny. Seems to be of the large date variety, but in excellent condition with some lustre remaining. Cannot see any wear.
Need help as to it's grading and value.
I've seen various similar coins on eBay from $US40 to $US240. Had an offer of $AUD25 for it but didn't take it.
Comments anyone?

Valued Member
United Kingdom
259 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  05:27 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Difficult to grade accurately from the pictures, which are a bit hazy. Was it photographed in indirect sunlight? Maybe a bit too much UV...
Based on UK grading system I think it would be EF or GEF - so some level of MS on Sheldon.
As to value - I would expect it to make GBP60 to 80 in the UK, but these things seem to go better in the US - provided you can avoid the import duties!
Australia
14 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aeromedic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, that's something worthwhile to go with. I DID have difficulty with taking and posting the photos, and looking now at what I posted, I can see that I could have done better. The coin is a lot better that the photos, so I should fo well when I sell it.&👍#128526;
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42841 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show us larger pics, please.

to the CCF!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05