Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1872 Indian Cent FS 901 Acetone Vs NCS / NGC Slab?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  5:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This ones going in my Dansco set of G - VG one way or another. Have had positive results conserving common and some semi-key Indians using acetone and light dabb. However this one I am open to suggestions. $72.00 + or - for NCS/reslabbed in NGC holder on a $150.00 coin? albiet a fairly scarce variety.
Not sure I can get corrosion out without applying pressure on swab and we all know I could "Details" it by doing so real quick like. Your experience and opinion will be valued and appreciated. Thanks.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42837 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acetone is a good place to start, but it may take Verdi-Care to tackle those spots.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5909 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/359443&whichpage=1
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Verdi-Care is always out of stock when I surf the web. Any info where I can purchase a vile? If I recall one of our forum members is the inventor of it? Can he cook up a batch especially for me in the Laboritorie
CoinFrog I feel pretty confident conserving Indians/Lincoln's at home but never have used this product so as soon as I can get ahold of some will certainly use it. Gleaming reports is all I see on it. Those crud stains will only get worse. I'm game if I can get some. I like the variety but not interested in acquiring this coin in higher grade at this point so this example with a little sprucing up would be welcome.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2109 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Inventor: that would be BadThad, when he makes a batch, he will post it in the "new CCF members sales" column. However with those spots,wont it grade out details anyway?
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may. These growths apparently started while it was in current PCGS slab it is currently VG10 straight. Will post pictures this evening after acetone soak and dab.
Will be watching for next batch of verdict-care. Thanks.x
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18738 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd just dip in Acetone and then put it in my Album as is.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
79288 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd just dip in Acetone and then put it in my Album as is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pics. above are sellers. Tonight had an opourtunity to examine the coin closely and take some crude home shots. The coin looks like it may have been conserved previously? There are pits, gouges, and scratches on the slab that make for terrible pictures on sellers shots. On an android they don't show up, looks like an obverse worn die paired with fresher reverse die. Notice the awkward 2 of date? My normal 72's are aligned more precise. Liberty is weak for VG10 perhaps die state factored in grade. Will post picks after acetone rinse. Thanks all.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42837 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest, and I've had a lot of experience with IHCs - I do not like this coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm,not alot of these to choose from though. Let me soak and dab it in acetone and see if I can soften your opionion. Will post when completed. Thanks again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acetone rinse improved the coins appearance a bit by removing some of the contaniments.Im on a notify list for Verdi-Care, maybe it will neutralize those spots? Included an example of a low grade 1871 shallow N for enjoyment. Neat variety I think.

Learn More...
United States
79288 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7139 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  09:38 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not bad
Pillar of the Community
United States
4313 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple questions.

1. I've never considered FS varieties; I'm only familiar with Snow varieties.
Is there a chart/table that shows what Snow and FS varieties are the same?

2. Is there a listing that prices Snow and FS varieties?
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05