Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With 2019 LSC.

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,778Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, only this one and possibly another, but its pretty unique.
Edited by CoinHunter17
11/26/2019 12:11 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There may have been some striking affect that altered the 'L'? That would be the case if just a limited number happened. But they would vary in shape if this were a striking issue. Each coin could look different in alteration it if this a striking issue.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, its different. It's a spender. Thanks Coop.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always nice to figure out like a coin detective, what events can change the results that you figure out. Don't feel it is a waste of time, but think of it as a new though to add to your knowledge. Not only benefit from this, but also others who read this thread will benefit.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright, I guess I could take it like that next time. Its great to stay positive. Thanks Coop.
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the valuable information, Coop

So, this single squeeze minting process is the opposite of what we, the newbies had been learning related to doubled dies...

Lol... I have not gotten my bearings on the previous ways of minting coins. Now, I have to make adjustments on how to look at the single squeezed doubled dies.

When did the mint start on the single squeeze coin processing for each denomination?

Thanks...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well there are some examples where they restart the hub process that creates a true doubled die that is not a class 9. Class 9, starts the hubbing in the wrong location and when the full press starts to take place, the hub snaps into the correct position. So it like a kiss, before the hubbing, then snaps into the correct location. The Bar cents and the many DDR's on the central areas of the States and ATB Quarters are examples of that. But they are not supposed to stop and restart the process. When they do the create the larger doubled dies of the single squeeze process. Here are a few examples off the top of my head:

So here is what was created by this second hubbing:

A few more:

2013 LSC had one that showed pretty much the whole reverse affected:

Probably more examples that show just not class 9 doubled dies. Just not in mind right now. But they are pretty much the exceptions to the rule about single squeeze doubled dies that show doubling not in the central area of the design.

CoopHome : Single squeeze non class 9 doubled dies
Richard S. Cooper

Edited by coop
11/26/2019 6:12 pm
12 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MonopolyMoneY to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's up everybody. I'm new here and the answer to this question may be an obvious one for most but, if there was more than one like it in the roll, would that confirm it's status as a DDO?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Machine Doubling can vary from strike to strike and sometimes show a normal coin.

On a doubled die they should all look the same. Numbers in a roll vary. I've see 19 of the same die pair in a roll and another only one out of 50 with 33 different die pairs in one roll. So they vary. So start a thread with your coin. We need images to see what you have. (my crystal ball is on the fritz. LOL) Keep you coin count to one per thread. Post one and see what you have. No need to post 40 of the same subject.
Richard S. Cooper

12 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MonopolyMoneY to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good. You can have this until your crystal ball is fixed #127921;. Also thank you CoinHunter17 for letting me participate and use your question to answer some of my own.
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem MonopolyMoneY. to the Coin Community Forum!
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,778Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05