Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Error On A 2000 Virginia Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  07:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add irishjoe17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all I was wondering if I could get some help on this coin. Not sure if it is a error or what . Any help would be great . Thanks in advance.

Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7338 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

Please explain what you see as an error, all I see is a toned quarter
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add A851111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like your using a digital microscope showing some Doubling on the ear , turn the power down on scope and if there look at it with regular scope, if still there, you have some DOUBLING on the OBVERSE of coin,
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BarlowAdams to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ummm. Also looks like a mint mark on his face. Anyone else see that?
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Seattlesadly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the P on his face too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
irishjoe17: to CCF. Better pictures of what you are seeing please. seattlesadsadly: to CCF. He may have nicked himself shaving but I don't see P on his face. ..
Edited by Daves Errors
11/22/2019 3:40 pm
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BarlowAdams to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's on his jawline. It could be damage. But it is suspiciously P-shaped. A clear closeup would go a long way in determining.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add irishjoe17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was wondering more about the toning of this coin. I dont think it's a mint mark on the jaw line. Thanks for all the responses .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7338 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toneing can't be an error as it happens after the coin is minted.
It is not unusual for coins to tone depending on the environment they were exposed too.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2595 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  08:52 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coin looks as though it may have been baked with some chemicals to produce those colors.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05