Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Black Friday Sale 2019 At RCM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  4:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Until December 2.

Buy $250 get $50 off
$500/$100
$1000/$200
$3000/$500
$10,000/$750
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian Coin and Currency:

Spend $100, 10% off
$500/15%
$1000/20%
$5000/25%

On most 2018 and older coins.
Valued Member
Canada
428 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You must of received a different email from the RCM.

My email states:

Receive $5.00 off your purchase of $50.00 or more up to $99.99, receive $15.00 off your purchase of $100.00 or more up to $149.99, or receive $30.00 off your purchase of $150.00 dollars or more (excluding taxes, shipping and handling fees, and any other fees.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4437 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although my MC will end this calendar year, the email to me was 5 dollar to 30 dollar off offer, really don't care anymore as you see with the silver dollar set recently mentioned where a dealer was offering below melt, how can that be fair ?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You must of received a different email from the RCM.

The email came direct from rep.

It says, "This is a special promotion available through myself as your account manager".
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1210 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got the same as MoneyPenny - maybe the difference is at what level of M/C you are.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4437 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PP
Valued Member
Canada
428 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you have to have a rep to get the different Black Friday sale. I have Platinum Plus status and didn't get the same as MoneyPenney.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimper, Same Platinum Plus level as you but have a rep.

Don't you have a rep? At PP level you are entitled to one even if you don't use one.

Valued Member
Canada
428 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenney

I did have a rep years ago and it was a nightmare. Sometimes I would give him a list of coins that I wanted to purchase and he would either deliberately double the order or did it without knowing it. Happened to many times and very costly. So I decided to get rid of him. The more they sell the more they got. I bought coins from the mint since 2010 and spent well over 100 g's. Now most of my inventory are in banker boxes, around 30 of them but I do have hundreds on display in my home. As well as a large collection of paper money. Costly hobby but enjoyable.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6578 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please see carefully:

while the general customers and low MC level will receive $$ off - discount, the mail in the picture says "equivalent in coins"

Means, that if you buy CAD 250 priced coin, you will get CAD 50 priced coin for free.
Literally: buy for 300 get 50
This is in case, if choice is yours, which $50 coin to take.
If it will be RCM's gift - be sure, you will get coin, that no one interested to get.

In any case, there is discount. Just not as attractive as it seems.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2019  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Silveroid, you are 100% right. Thanks for correcting the info.

You don't get cash back. You get coins back. I re-read my rep's email and you do get to choose your coin equivalent.

The order form has two sections. The first section is the coins you want to buy. The 2nd section is to select the coin(s) equal to the value of the discount you get from buying coins in section one. If the value of the coins selected exceed the discount, you pay the difference.

IMO,this promotion is not really a sale but a scheme to get rid of unsold coins. The mint is not losing any money since unsold sold coins will be melted down anyway.

It would be great for the collector if a cash discount was given instead. Imagine getting a $500 discount on a 1 oz Gold coin.
Edited by MoneyPenney
11/29/2019 05:37 am
Valued Member
Canada
428 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
IMO,this promotion is not really a sale but a scheme

Reps will try everything to boost sales. They're in it for them selves. That's why I don't care for one.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05