Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P Zinc Large Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 432Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
202 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  05:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The first A on the reverse in the word America look doubled and originally the 2 on the obverse caught my eye. A breakdown of what I see would be great thanks

Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly the B in liberty also
Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oijogja to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Michael, I see a rather nice looking coin, but no doubling, although I might just be missing it. The first A in America took a small ding from another coin, and the lower edge of it shows a bit of glare, so I can't see any doubling there. Glare sometimes looks like doubling, though. The 2 looks like it might have some plating bubbles around it. A focused closeup of the 2 would help determine with more certainty, but it looks normal to me. The B in LIBERTY is likely some very slight MD. Hope that opinion is useful. Pretty nice looking example.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8084 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice coin but no doubling that I can see.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52135 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty normal to me as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1425 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a Normal 1982 Zinc with a DIE CRACK from the Rim into the hair,the rest of the coin looks like all the other poorly minted 1982 coins.. No extra value.
Edited by Daves Errors
11/28/2019 2:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, got a dime question coming
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05