Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 W Registry Bragging Rights

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 583Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  8:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wow. I have yet to find any of the 2019w quarters in circulation and doubt I will before they become au at best. So, checking the current prices I stumbled upon this.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr..._dcat=171526

Are these really going for this kind of money? The only buyers which come to mind are the set builders competing on the top two grading firms registry lists. I am fully aware that a coin, or anything for that matter, is going to sell for what the buyer is willing to pay. But seriously? At what point does this fad become down right ridiculous?

On the subject, I have found a few in MS65 for around $35 which I'm thinking about. Yeah, it's still a new quarter. However, it's lower than the grading fees alone. Which is somewhat reasonable. Not that I'd submit one, rather I'd know it wasn't beat up from circulation.
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20770 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are these really going for this kind of money?

No, here's what they're going for....
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...H_Complete=1
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2019  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the PCGS ones are 4 figures. The NGC ones several hundred, but no the ANACS ones from what I have seen are not selling for 4 figures and are selling for a big discount to PCGS.

Top pop moderns are extremely difficult to find, especially on a limited mintage like this
Pillar of the Community
United States
1006 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found my first 2019 W quarter, of the Lowell type.
Looking for pre-1961 Russian and Soviet coins.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 583Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05