Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

China (Empire) Tai Ching Ti Kuo Copper Coin (10 And 20 Cash) 1903 To 1911

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 795Next Topic  

Netherlands
9 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  2:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cavebear to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is the second and last Chinese coin from my childhood coin collection. I've identified it with the help of CoinQuest but have several questions left:
- how many 'Cash' is it?
- in what year was it issued?
- would 'fair' be the right description of it's condition?

Thanks very much for any help!

Cavebear

Pillar of the Community
United States
1288 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1288 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1906 from Hupeh is. Though I find yours suspicious.
Edited by Gincoin43
12/15/2019 8:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1288 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
417 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well circulated and heavily cleaned. Seems like a common coin, nothing to be suspicious about.
Does not make sense to counterfeit a common low value coin.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3176 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In fact this is neither of those two, but a 10 cash coin from the so-called "one-character province" series, probably Fujian: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces166817.html

Still common and not worth much in this condition.
Edited by january1may
12/17/2019 1:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3238 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd agree with January1may. Unfortunately not worth a lot in that condition. Still pretty neat :)
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Netherlands
9 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cavebear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello to all of you and thanks a lot for replying!
I didn't get mails in my inbox there were replies, so that's why I'm a bit late to respond.

The 10 cash coin january1may links to seems allright to me.

Not worth much but still nice to have. I like the idea people paid with these coins over a century ago in a far-off country (in those days). I must have it since around 1975 or so.

Cavebear
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 795Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05