Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hungarian(?) Coin ID Help Needed #2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10548 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  04:18 am Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one was also just described as "Hungarian." If you have any insight, I would greatly appreciate it as this is not in my expertise, yet.

12-13mm
0.4 gram
billon?

This pic is with mineral oil, but it highlights the features best:

"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2959 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm surprised there hasn't been a response yet.

I don't think I can help, other than to say I've taken a look through Numista (which I'm sure you've also done),and couldn't find many medieval Hungarians with a crown atop the Hungarian shield as in the right hand photo when rotated 90 degrees clockwise (and the right side of your shield being nearly illegible further adds to the challenge), and none with what looks like the IE of VNGARIE around 9:00-10:00 on the shield side. If the crowned shield has a double barred cross on the right, it could be the one used by Wladyslaw Jagiello (Ulaszlo I) in the 1440s, https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces59944.html
But I could not find a reasonable match to your coin.

A few CCF members have the right catlaog, and maybe can help.

Edited by tdziemia
01/17/2020 08:51 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05