Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Cent Roll Hunting Finds

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 2,318Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  9:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These postings will be about me coin roll hunting cents, and my finds. What inspired me to do this is I just found a 1883 IHC just a few minutes ago. I still have a little over 3 boxes to search (about $85 worth of cents to search). I also found a 1920 Wheat cent ender. Most of these boxes were gifts from different people (Christmas gifts). Two boxes were from location 1 (I already searched the first one, and found the 1920 ender); location 2 produced the IHC (about 2 hours driving distance between locations 1 and 2). Finally location 3 (where I live) I still have 2 boxes from. The half a box is from location 2. Over the next few days hopefully I will get all of these cent boxes done. After that, I will keep posting when I get more boxes and the finds. I hope that everyone has had a great Christmas. Also here are some pictures of the IHC and the wheat ender.

Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just realized the picture of the IHC is sideways. Just wanted to let you all know that so no one is confused.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2019  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best of luck in your search
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14007 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every once in a while a member finds an IHC while CRH'ing .
Congrats on your find .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I searched some more cents last night; the best find was a 1951 King George Canadian cent. I also found some more wheat cents and a few other Canadian cents also. I still have more boxes to search (I picked up another box earlier this week). I am also going to my local bank later today, but I will get a mixture of dimes and cents.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3735 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck with the hunt.

I miss CRHing. I should go get a box or two.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to my local bank earlier today, and got $180 in dimes, and another box of cents. I already found a silver ender in the dimes (see pictures), so hopefully the cents will be good as well.

Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of right now, I have 2 boxes of cents and 1 box of nickels to search. I searched a box of nickels earlier, found 3 silver WW2 nickels, and went and got another box from a different bank. I am very excited to search through these coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4034 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You found one of my Indians that I let loose, congrats!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is so cool that I found the IHC that you put back into the wild. I appreciate you doing that, as that is very kind of you to do. Out of curiosity, why do you put old coins back into circulation?
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your excellent finds.
I put old coins back into circulation if I don't like the look and they won't sell. pennies and nickels. Never silver.
Black spots, scratches, green spots and fingerprints are going back. I'm sending back some LWC soon.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4034 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tencentpenny -

I've released hundreds of old coins to spur new collectors.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I found a 1920 Canadian cent. That is my oldest Canadian cent yet. I will get a picture of it tomorrow, as it is at the special ed place that I attend during the day (I have my own coin roll hunting desk there). I also will post on this thread all of my finds, not just cents. I also found a dateless Buffalo nickel in a Loomis roll. For now I will keep all of my coin roll hunting finds, but maybe someday I might release some older coins back into circulation to get more people interested in coin collecting. Also I know that some coin roll hunters are against this, but I teach the tellers at my banks about my finds. I enjoy teaching people about coins, and the tellers appreciate me teaching them something interesting and new. One of the tellers I know saved me a Buffalo nickel ender a while back, which was very nice. Hopefully I will have some pictures of the finds tomorrow.
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2020  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I found a 1920 Canadian cent... I also found a dateless Buffalo nickel in a Loomis roll.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am reviving my old cent searching thread, as I just got some more cents and nickels from the bank drive thru. In about three days I will post what I find.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 2,318Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05