Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953 Penny What Happened Here

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
44 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  10:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Coin is the size of a dime
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4477 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone grind it down
Learn More...
Canada
8926 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
- nothing more than a conversation piece now.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benny91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a penny from the same year that I'm wondering what has happened. Have exhausted my research and cannot find anything similar in pictures. Seems to have a rim edge punched on one face. Penny has obvious bend but no apparent hits or marks. Thoughts? I am new to coin collecting (aside from sorting threw my pocket change) so my definitions may be off

Thanks

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1657 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vice job ?
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benny91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought similar but not sure how I would be able to tell. Penny does not sit flat. Only way I was able to pull it from the pile
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4477 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone just pounded another coin onto it
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2826 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, whacka whacka.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05