Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

19?4 D Nickel Strange Indented Chunk

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 503Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  2:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this nickel in some rolled up change. Did this come out of the mint this way or is this PMD? Also there appears to be doubling on FIVE of FIVE CENTS, but that might just be die DDD.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37118 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is PMD.Reverse looks like MD not DDD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks john1!
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Hokuto. It is good that you got a confirmation from John1 on your personal assessment of your PMD coin. An indication you are learning. Good job....

We are students of the coin hobby. We are learning. So, can you describe how that dark piece of something that obliterated the portion of the date looks like? Is it raised or depressed? Even though John1 said the coin is PMD like how you said it.

Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sosicoin, This area is indented, but I don't know what tool could do this. Because the image is smeared on the reverse, I assume it was placed on paper, and then had something hammered onto the obverse. It's indented maybe a millimeter or more
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53531 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, deliberate damage of some sort.
Edited by Coinfrog
01/06/2020 6:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Hokuto7291. We are all learning. You are good. You know how to assess your coin and with the help of the experts here at CCF... you learn more and the more knowledge you acquire, the more you will enjoy the hobby.

Have fun, just enjoy....
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 503Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05