Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is 2019 The Only Year The US Mint Came Out With Two Commem Half Dollars?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 409Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  3:58 pm Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just discovered that the US Mint released two commemorative half dollars in 2019. The Apollo 11 and American Legion. Is this the only time they released more than one Modern Commemorative Half Dollar in the same year?
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, some of the Olympic years in the 90's they released 2 or 3. Especially for the Atlanta games.

https://www.PCGS.com/prices/detail/...st-active/ms

Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by bzookaj
01/08/2020 4:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know they released multiples of the Silver Dollars many years.
I didn't think they did that with the Half Dollar Commemoratives.
They even had years where they didn't release any. I guess that's why I was so surprised.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4481 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two or more commemorative half dollars were issued in:

- 1992: Columbus 500th + '92 Olympics
- 1993: Bill of Rights + WWII 50th (released in 1993 but dual-dated 1991-1995)
- 1995: Civil War Battlefields + Atlanta Olympics - Baseball + Atlanta Olympics - Basketball (three half dollars in total)
- 1996: Atlanta Olympics - Soccer + Atlanta Olympics - Swimming
- 2019: Apollo 11 50th + American Legion 100th

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/08/2020 5:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you commems. I just opened my Dansco and was reminded about the previous duplicate years. Have no idea what I was thinking. Bad case of the brain farts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
766 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We've all been there.
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 409Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05