Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992-D Penny..... Anyone Recognize This Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 695Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2020  10:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add diposnuff75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wish I could provide better imaging. Pretty sure it's not trails or feeder scratching and appears to only run under the mint mark. And they are the same direction on both sides.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34247 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Not a trail die or FF damage. It is either a copper plating issue or an issue with the zinc blank before plating. Kinda common.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8067 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

Agree with John1.
Not an error, looks more like a plating issue.

In the future, please orient your pictures properly as per CCF instructions.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48842 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, showing your pics right-side up will draw more replies.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1024 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roller lines. It happens during the planchet manufacturing process before plating.

It's not a desired "error". Mostly because it's a pre-mint or pre-strike error.

It's not post mint damage though which is what's usually posted on this forum, so there's that at least lol.

I like it. I have some of them of different years. There's just no collector market of them. Interesting and unusual though.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34247 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a link for more info please? Thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19342 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I had to place my Monitor on it's side to see this one better.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8067 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had to place my Monitor on it's side to see this one better.

I tried that but mine is too heavy so I just turned sideways. Seemed to work.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16496 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The appearance of lines on the planchet is common to the entire generation of Zincolns. If you search the forum some, you'll find a lot of discussion on the topic.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16496 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This grease struck example shows the lines quite clearly. They are obviously just part of the planchet.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
01/12/2020 2:56 pm
Learn More...
United States
87665 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 695Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05