Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Truly Believe Have 36 Penny - Opinions ND Facts Welcomed, Needed. Thankful

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  11:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add LuckyLibra to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have questioned when I first began collecting if I could actually have a 1936 dot penny, and let it sit on back burner of coin'n as WOW lol it's pretty in depth this coin'n! Love it! Anyways I was brought back to my ol penny yesterday seeing a posting of a 36 penny and decided to post mine. I had one person ONLY discuss, which makes me suspect I do have one. Why no "no's" or discussion? Even 1 person was brief and said 'looks worth certifying' and end to my excited and curious curiosity of what may be and what I could learn (a real newb still, fyi lol). So please tell me thoughts, reasons appreciated, discussion would be loved. No way I can afford to get it certified so ya, what would I do if it were thee 36#9679; -like with it¿

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1460 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its too low IMO.

would need more close up images.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7696 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It also appears to be too small. On the top photo you can't
even see it. It should be easily seen.
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LuckyLibra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pics that say "not mine" are the image given by Heritage. Rest are mine and although I didn't get exact ckmoies of mine to match I am more than 98percent that same positioning. Although appears there's maybe a slight twist to their picture, which is hard to - for me- get aligned good.
Also I am gonna upload the blurb about the dot and the fact it isn't quite easily seen by one looking at it. It is liken a tiny lil divet...as it's a dimple not a pimple. Seems many believe it to be raised and easy to see on coin...but all pics I've seen are magnified pics...perhaps distractive doing so...I'd think they'd prefer they had one of the only 3(5)...than for even a few more to surface.
I will get a few more epics uploaded later in the day as I can get to it...for sure :)
Thanks for your time and thoughts...ps. there is no limit to either..
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20277 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please crop your images before uploading.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7696 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without trying to sound offhanded, if you are pretty sure it is genuine,
why not send it in to be certified. That is the only way you would be
able to sell it. It would be worth the money to find out either way.
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2699 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you say it's a divot or indented and not a "pimple", then it's NOT a dot. The '36 dots were punched INTO the die, which makes the dot RAISED on the coin. Or are you talking about what looks like a dot directly between the 9 & the 3 and above a horizontal line along the bases of the digits?
Edited by okiecoiner
01/13/2020 6:49 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12039 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12039 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

(Educational purpose*)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7744 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it's a dimple not a pimple.
Thus it's not the fabled dot.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tayloroftheaxe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's almost a running joke to see a new member who is positive they've found this coin. I guess hope springs eternal.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3153 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time to call in DEAN !
You do not have a 1936 Dot Cent .
All the known few are Specimen Striking .
There has never been an authenticated circulation
Business Strike . The reason they DO NOT exist !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2260 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome and keep dreaming!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2699 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Paccoin .... But Dean finds them all over the coin, not just underneath the date.
Edited by okiecoiner
01/14/2020 11:53 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3153 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okie ..... best to let " Sleeping Deans Lie" LOL
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05