Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quick Question Help Please?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 468Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  9:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newbie2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a us quarter collection book and I have been collecting quarters whenever I come across them. There is 6 extra spots in the book that id like to fill with coins from other countries but I dont know what coins would fit in the holes/ what countries have coins similar in size to a US quarter. I have the korean 100 peice and a canada 25 cent peice so far. Any help?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1820 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are lots of coins the size of a quarter. I just randomly checked and the following will fit/mostly fit
1 escudo Portugal from 1950-1965
50 centavos from Portugal
Canadian quarter
Aruba florin
Bahamas quarter
Nova Scotia quarter
50 cents euro
5 centavos 1905
10 pence
Geeek drachma

Only issue with any of these is that they will mostly fit, they aren't exactly quarter size.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15079 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16956 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how about a silver:

Seated Liberty quarter,
Barber quarter,
Standing Liberty quarter, or even an
1883 Hawaii Quarter?

All of these coins are of exactly the same specification.

They could start you into a whole new and interesting way to collect Quarter dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6735 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  07:01 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A Panama quarter would fit too, and is of the same specification as the US quarter.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16956 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Five silver quarter coins only, so far.
Only one more needed to fill the sixth hole.
Learn More...
United States
86068 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19309 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I don't see why you just don't put in some regular US Quarters.
just carl
Valued Member
Canada
179 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hfjacinto not to quibble but Nova Scotia never minded quarters - just 1/2 cent and 1 cent. You're probably thinking of Newfoundland that minted 20 cent pieces and, 20 years before they joined Canada, 25 cent pieces; also New Brunswick made 20 cent coins for too years. Nova Scotia never got around to it....
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05