Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1883 O Morgan - Help Identifying VAM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  6:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
this one has the dashed 8 but can't whats going on inside the lower loop of the same 8. also has the 1 and 3 doubled. could use some help figuring this one out. went through all the dashed 8 vans but couldn't find a match.

Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dash inside the 8 loop kinda looks like a gouge, or PMD. I looked through the VAMs and could not find a match with 2 dashes.
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It appears to be VAM-19.
Member SSDC, TNA
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Check collectinsince65's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add collectinsince65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again for the help
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1460 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its not a VAM-19 the mint mark is wrong in placement and type. Also the MM looks like it has die scratches that the V-19 doesn't. The crud on the "1" is a hub issue and is seen on 6 other OB dies.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Russ's reply got me thinking and looking again at this one. The sort by dashed 8 has all VAMs with a centered mint mark with 19 being the only left set. That is where I fell short by not thinking and looking outside the box (sort by guide) As it turns out there was a discovery in 2017 by Ray Sanchez and Nate Milliard being listed as VAM-62. Turns out it's another dashed 8 that didn't get linked/ added to the sort by link. I think your Morgan my actually be this one..
Member SSDC, TNA
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blowing up the pics, I can't see the die markers for that VAM. The O fits, but I can't see any thing else that matches. Die marker- Fairly long diagonal fine double die scratch at top of left cotton blossom and Die marker- Two fine parallel die scratches top of eagle's left wing. (copied from: http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.c...83-O_VAM-62)
But, I am blurry eyed tonight, had a rough day.
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A close up of the wing/ neck gap (viewers right side) is all that's needed beyond what has already been posted to confirm V62.
Member SSDC, TNA
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05