Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newer $20 Note, Is This Considered A Radar Note?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  9:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Im not a really big note collector guy but I do keep an eye on the serial numbers on most of the bills I get, would this be considered a radar? It is a shame the second last digit is not another 9 I think that would make it even more awesome.

Anyway let me know what you guys think,
thanks in advance.

They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1697 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A radar would be a number that reads the same both forwards and backwards. Say 5969695, so it's off by 1 digit.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Edited by Yokozuna
01/16/2020 9:59 pm
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yokozuna for the clarification, I will keep that in mind the next time I'm looking at notes.
They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10547 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  12:17 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So close!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Canada
756 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2675 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close don't count. So just worth face value of $20.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05